Get StartedClick one of the options below to get started
About CHIP: What We Do
We believe in housing that is affordable for all, and “Helping People Help Themselves” is CHIP’s motto. CHIP is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation serving Butte, Glenn, Tehama, Shasta, Sutter, Yuba and Colusa counties. We assist low-income and rural disadvantaged residents, seniors and others who lack financial resources or knowledge to improve or provide adequately for their housing. Here’s what we do:
- Construct mutual self-help (sweat equity) housing and affordable multi-family apartment housing
- Manage rental properties we build and properties owned by others
- Provide farmworker housing
- Partner with other organizations to provide education and services to rental residents
- Build and enhance communities
Our organization has built more than 2,600 housing units in our seven-county service area and is acknowledged as an innovator and leader in rural housing issues. Read our most recent Annual Report.
CHIP is a chartered member of NeighborWorks America.